Sunday 29 July 2018

Dry season project dilemas


The season referred to as winter doesn't really happen here in the tropics; instead we have a dry season when the humidity drops significantly and the daily temperatures hover in the 18-31 Celsius range. It really is a beautiful time of year, and the sunsets are spectacular!

The cooler, dry weather means that it's much more bearable to work on projects that end up in your lap or draped across your body while you work - large quilts, knitting, crochet etc.

This dry season my go-to project has been a large crochet blanket. I'm working on the "As-We-Go" Stripey Blanket by Hannah Owens (Pattern on Ravelry).

As usual I haven't made things easy for myself. The pattern was originally designed as a throw blanket, but I decided to go all out and make it a full queen/king size blanket. I'm at the point now where I'm wondering whether that was such a good idea or not.

I love the colours I've chosen, and I love the pattern, but it's sort of busy looking and I'm actually beginning to think that an entire bedspread in this stripey pattern is just going to be too much.



So now I need to decide... do I continue with repeats of the pattern for the whole length of the blanket? or do I alternate with multiple rows of a single colour? and then if I do that, which colour? and which stitch pattern? Do I just have the stripey pattern for the top and bottom of the blanket with solid colour in between? or have 3 or more of the stripey panels?

Too many decisions.. Help! I need outside opinions in this one before the whole thing ends up as a never ending WiP.


No comments:

Post a Comment