Tuesday 25 June 2024

Looking back

Over the weekend I opened Blogger for the first time in absolutely ages. Sitting at the top of my drafts was the start of a post I had planned to publish at the beginning of 2020...



Looking back now, it seems so appropriate that before I had any idea of what was to come,  I had chosen the word 'Challenge' for 2020. 

I'm sure like me, many of you found 2020 challenging; but the crazy, mixed up, and sometimes scary world events of the year were definitely not what I had in mind at the time at the time of starting that post!


Way back at the beginning of 2020 (it seems like forever ago now doesn't it?) I was looking at the word completely differently. 

When writing that post I had committed to a 100-day stitching challenge and had just started a year-long stitchalong. I had also just discovered and decided to participate in a 52-week sewing challenge. I really wanted to challenge myself and push my crafting boundaries.

So what happened with my challenges? Well...

I did actually do quite a bit. I didn't meet all of my challenges, but with everything going on in the world (and in my own home - it was a challenging year here as much as in the wider world, though for different reasons) I'm going to call it a success. We got through it and we survived!






No comments:

Post a Comment