Monday 4 March 2013

un-whatever (maybe its just being lazy)

Well there's a zillion things I could and should be doing, but I'm doing none of them. Instead I'm flicking between playing bejeweled, watching Doctor Who (the new Doctor Who - season 1 with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor) and staring blankly out the window.

Not sure if its unmotivated, uninspired, lazy or just tired but I'm definitely lacking in enthusiasm for anything today. It could also have something to do with the weather; its been a lovely, wet and cool monsoon day, one of the very few actual wet season days we've had this season. It makes me want to curl up in bed with a book, or laze on the couch in my pyjamas drinking hot soup and watching a movie.

Sadly, life and all the necessary domestic stuff gets in the way and soon I'm going to have to force myself to prepare a quick dinner, get the monster to bed, do a bit of a tidy up and possibly bake something to take to work for morning tea tomorrow before I can get back to the doctor.

And finally I guess just to keep things slightly on topic I should update the progress on my current WIPs...

I've given in and bought some more fabric for the monster's ruffled quilt after rummaging through all the clothes destined for the salvos and not finding enough suitable raw material. I'm aiming to have the new fabric all cut by the end of this week so that part of next weekend can be spent ruffling and assembling the squares and maybe even doing some of the piecing.

Work on the Four Seasons Knit Vest is continuing; I joined a new ball of yarn on the weekend (the 3rd so far) which means I'm more than halfway there. Hooray. I pick it up occasionally and add a few more rows while watching TV late in the evening. Its a good one to take with me to the monster's sporting activities so I get a bit more done there too. It probably needs a good solid 2-3 hour  knitting session to make it feel like its really coming together, but the last time I tried that I ended up at the physio and almost unable to move for days (can knitting be considered a sport? I'd like to be able to say it was a sporting injury).

Version 2.0 of the Frankenstein wallet has not moved beyond concept yet. I got a bit disheartened by the lack of success with last weekend's efforts so I think I'm just going to leave the first version on the bench for the next few days and see whether I can get enthused enough some time this week (or motivated or inspired or whatever it is) to start over.

OK. Enough procrastinating... time to move and get some stuff done. What is your favourite thing to do (or not do) on a gloomy but lovely cool wet day?

No comments:

Post a Comment