Friday 17 March 2017

Block 4: NQC Quilt Block Challenge

Week 4 of the NQC Quilt Block Challenge is here.

I cheated a bit this week. I had a few days off works sick so took the opportunity when I wasn't resting or coughing to work on the blocks before the official pattern was released in the early hours of this morning.

Not sure I'm a fan of releasing the pattern pics and colouring/planner pages right from the start. With the blocks being as simple as they are, its really not that hard to skip ahead. To me it feels like its defeating the idea of a quilt along. I kind of miss the anticipation of waiting for the next pattern to be released, not knowing whether I should be excited or full of dread.

Anyway, this weeks pattern is now released and my blocks are done. I'm still amazed at how different fabrics can make the blocks look entirely unique.

Block 4


Block 1
Block 2
Block 3

Block 4


Block 1
Block 2
Block 3

Four (eight) blocks down, only five (ten) blocks left to make until I can put the quilt tops together.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment