Wednesday 1 March 2017

Week 9 - Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along

"What do you mean "help"? We *are* helping."
"We're Helping Hands."


This week's features some of what I consider the more scary creatures of the Labyrinth - the Helping Hands. I don't know what it is about these, but they definitely creep me out!

As always there is a paper-pieced and an embroidery version to choose from this week and both are fabulous patterns. You can download the patterns now from Fandom in Stitches

I'm super glad that Kylie Pecarina (paper-pieced) and Mel Moore (embroidery) ended up designing these patterns because I tried playing around with a few drawings very early on in the design phase of this project and it quickly became apparent that there's no way I could have come up with a useable pattern. Admitting my defeat in the design stakes for this block, I volunteered to test Mel Moore's embroidered version.

As usual I've done a mono (white on orchid) version as well as a colour version (in this case grey on white). This week's pattern is the first where I've had a distinct preference for one version over the other. They both turned out fine, but I definitely prefer how the grey on white version looks. see for yourself below.

Week 9: Helping Hands colour version (stitched by me)
Embroidery pattern by Mel Moore
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along

Week 9: Helping Hands mono version (stitched by me)
Embroidery pattern by Mel Moore
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along


No comments:

Post a Comment