Friday 31 March 2017

Block 6: NQC Quilt Block Challenge


Week 6! Yay!

That means we're two thirds done.



Block 4
Block 5
Block 6
Block 1
Block 2
Block 3

Again this week it was the Christmas version of the block that was giving me trouble.

Despite accurate cutting, and then pinning before I sewed I ended up with one row that was so far out that I had no choice but to rip the stitching and re-do it. I think it must have had something to do with all the bias edges.


It started off only out by about 1-2mm (right edge in pic above) but somehow by the time I'd finished joining those rows the points and left edge were almost a full cm out of whack.

Thankfully after I ripped out the seam, re-pinned and re-sewed it came together much better.



Block 4
Block 5
Block 6
Block 1
Block 2
Block 3


Until next time

K

No comments:

Post a Comment